#M.S. Orthopaedics - Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences, Dr Vasantrao Pawar Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
#DNB Orthopaedics - National Board of Examinations,Delhi,
#M.B.B.S. - Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences,
Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College and General Hospital, Mumbai, India.
1. Awarded “Sir Ratan Tata Scholarship” consecutively thrice for academic excellence by the Maharashtra university of health sciences.
2. In the Organising committee of “JOINTS”- A National level Orthopaedic Teaching Programme for Post graduate orthopaedic residents from all over the country in Nashik in Year 2016 & 2017
3. In the Organising committee of “TRINITY” a national conference for medical students at Lokmanya tilak municipal medical college in 2011
1. Completed AO ADVANCED TRAUMA COURSE in Pune, Nov 2019
2. Completed AO BASIC TRAUMA COURSE In Mumbai, March 2017
3. Completed Cadaveric ARTHROSCOPIC KNEE AND SHOULDER WORKSHOP in Kolhapur, 2018
4. SURGICAL APPROACHES- a cadaveric course by Bombay orthopaedic society.
5. Research methodology workshop in 2015, approved by MUHS, Nashik.
6. FIFA diploma in football medicine- July 2020 awarded by FIFA
1. “ Proximal humerus fractures managed with Joshi’s external stabilising system.” – published in Techniques in shoulder and elbow surgery.
Kulkarni, Ameya & Kulkarni, Umesh. (2020). Proximal Humerus Fractures Managed With Joshi External Stabilizing System. Techniques in Shoulder & Elbow Surgery. 21. 30-32. 10.1097/bte.0000000000000181.
2. “Intractable knee pain-it could be glomus!” - published in The journal of bone and soft tissue tumor.
Journal of bone and soft tissue tumors- Vol 1 | Issue 1 | May-August 2015 | page:48-50 | Umesh M Kulkarni, Vijay Zavar, Sudhir Sankalecha, Ameya Kulkarni.
3. “Posterior talus osteochondroma a rare location, treated by posterior ankle arthroscopy” - published in the journal of Foot and ankle surgery.
Kulkarni, Umesh, and Ameya Kulkarni. "Posterior talus osteochondroma a rare location, treated by posterior ankle arthroscopy." Foot and Ankle Surgery 21.3 (2015): e51-e54.
4. “unstable intertrochantric fracture femur in elderly treated with primary bipolar hemiarthroplasty vs dynamic hip screw - A prospective comparative study” - accepted for publication in MVP journal of medical sciences.The Journal is indexed in Index Copernicus, i-Scholar, J-Gate Plus.
5. “Functional outcome of distal end radius fracture treated by Ligamentotaxis by external fixator with or without k wire augmentation”- published in the MVP journal of medical sciences.
Mahajan BS, Patil V, Rathod Y, Kulkarni A, Nebhani N, Bhalerao BP. Functional Outcome of Distal end Radius Fracture Treated by Ligamentotaxis by External Fixator with or without K Wire Augmentation. MVP Journal of Medical Science. 2019 Apr 17;5(2):178-84.
6. “Efficiency of local anaesthetic cocktail infiltration in a total knee replacement - A prospective randomised study” - Accepted for publication in International Journal of research in orthopaedics Vol 6, Issue 5 September 2020.
1. March 2013 to March 2014 - post MBBS internship in Lokmanya tilak municipal medical college and general hospital, mumbai, india.
2. April 2014 to April 2015 - Internship in department of orthopaedics, Sanjivan hospital, nashik, India.
3. Aug 2015 to July 2018 - Orthopaedic Residency in the Department of orthopaedics, Dr. Vasantrao pawar medical college and research centre, Nashik, India.
4. Aug 2018 to July 2019 - Orthopaedic senior resident in the department of orthopaedics, HBT medical college and RN Cooper general hospital, mumbai, India.
5. Aug 2019 to Jan 2020 - Fellowship in Joint Reconstruction and Arthroplasty under Dr. NS Laud & Dr.Harish Bhende at Laud clinic, Mumbai, India.
6. Jan 2020 onwards - working as a orthopaedic knee and shoulder surgeon in the department of orthopaedics, Sanjivan Hospital, Nashik, India.